Run SculptOS in i.MX8MQ-EVK

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 16:34:31 CET 2020

In message <eea25bd3d2bf298bc209542d39a383f5 at sojus-software.de>
          fixed-term.christo.bita at sojus-software.de wrote:

> Hello Christian,
> I was probably expressed wrong. Want I meant is, the board it does not
> boot. I know the board is functional because
> I firstly tried to boot the Android image from the eMMC and it worked. So
> I am definitely doing something very

> wrong or missing some step in between while preparing the SD card with the
> SculptOS image.

The .elf file isn't a image of a sdcard. It is a "program" that needs to
be started from a bootloader. You need u-boot on the sdcard. Follow
Stefans reply. You also need access to the uart (serial port), like
Christian hinted of.

> No hint or help is trivial as I am quite a beginner.
> Thanks in advance!

No problem!

Best regards
Michael Grunditz

--
Sent from my Mail/Chat/WebBrowsing RISC OS machine.