Has Bhyve been ported to Genode?

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Tue Aug 11 14:09:42 CEST 2020

Thanks for the update on this, Norman.

I was just browsing around and while Virtualbox is good, I have also found
that Bhyve, the single userspace instance VMM that runs on FreeBSD and
which has been ported over to the Illumos-based SmartOS, OmniOS, and
Openindiana is supposed to be much smaller, more optimized, and faster from
what I understand. Actually SmartOS is even phasing out their KVM+QEMU
approach for Bhyve as well as macOS has a project called Xhyve that is an
initial port of Bhyve which only supposed to have a very small dependency
on the macOS Hypervisor.Framework and als runs in userspace.

It just made me want to ask if Genode was also looking into it as well.

Just my small input on things.

Cheers,
Lonnie