Clipboard size

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Thu Apr 30 12:28:52 CEST 2020

Hello Colin,

>     I am having a lot of fun with Sculpt, but I do wonder something
> about copy/paste. Whenever I copy a large portion of text, a subsequent
> paste only gives the first part. This is most noticeable within a VM,
> but I wonder, since the VM can move the clipboard to/from Sculpt, if a
> Sculpt clipboard size limit is coming into play? If so, can the
> clipboard be made bigger? Failing that, can I disable clipboard
> integration with the VM? Apologies if this was settled a long time ago.

I'm actually also struggling with the VBox clipboard integration
currently. E.g., the X buffer sometimes delivers truncated or even
completely botched content. Other times, the mechanism works perfectly.
So I'm not yet able to pin-point the problem. Once I cured the symptom
by killing the two '/usr/bin/VBoxClient --clipboard' processes and
starting one instance manually. But that is of course just a hack. The
trouble supposedly started after I updated my Xubuntu guest OS.

If you have further observations or even a way to reliably trigger the
problem, I'd very much appreciate it.

BTW, if you set the 'verbose="yes"' attribute in the clipboard
configuration in Sculpt's config fs, you can observe all copy operation
that arrive at the global clipboard in the log.

I'm sorry that I don't have a cure for your problem right now. Let's
keep an eye on this issue together.