Sculpt build process error

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Wed Apr 8 21:40:44 CEST 2020

On 4/8/20 3:11 PM, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Well, good news and bad.
>
> I was able to produce the sculpt.iso but it does not boot up. I tested
> it in Virtualbox and it gives me a blank screen.
>
> Will try with Qemu but the iso does not boot from what I can see so far.

It works for me, but you have to be careful how you configure the VM
Settings.  The "Download" page on genode.org has a link to a pre-built
VirtualBox appliance:

   https://genode.org/files/sculpt/sculpt-20-02.ova

That appliance should boot into Sculpt directly, but you can also use it
to test your ISO file, by adding it to a virtual optical drive (and
setting the optical drive higher in the boot order than the hard drive).

If that doesn't work for you, I can share the settings from my VM (which
might be a little different from Genode's appliance).

   John J. Karcher
   devuser at alternateapproach.com