Thread switching in Genode/seL4 and registers and utcb access problem

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at genode-labs.com
Thu Sep 26 22:04:14 CEST 2019

On 26.09.19 12:53, Alexander Tormasov via users wrote:

> Problem 2.
> When I start trying to make a fast solution and try to read registers and some info from low level physical seL4 thread using seL4_TCB_ReadRegisters

On Genode you may request the thread state like the values of registers
via Genode::Cpu_thread::state(). Example code you may find in our thread
test, see [0]. The actual structure is platform depend, look into the
respective cpu_state.h header file, see [1].

[0]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/base/src/test/thread/main.cc#L277

[1]
repos/base/include/spec/x86_32/cpu/cpu_state.h
repos/base/include/spec/x86_64/cpu/cpu_state.h
repos/base/include/spec/arm/cpu/cpu_state.h
repos/base/include/spec/arm_64/cpu/cpu_state.h

--
Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com - https://www.genode.org

Genode Labs GmbH - Amtsgericht Dresden - HRB 28424 - Sitz Dresden