Repeated TCP connection cause stack problems

Stefan Thöni stefan.thoeni at gapfruit.com
Fri Nov 22 16:50:07 CET 2019

Hi Genodians,

for our current project we would like to use the lwip stack. We
discovered that repeated tcp connections cause a segfault or assert both
under nova and linux.

Then we switched to the lxip stack which fares better but gets stuck
after 340 tcp connections both under nova and linux.

I've uploaded a stress test run script named "tcp_stress_lwip" and
"tcp_stress_lxip" respectively that shows this problem:

https://github.com/throwException/genode/commits/tcp_stress_test

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix any of these problems?

(If the problems get fixed it might be a good idea to integrate these
stress tests into automated regression tests.)

Kind regards
Stefan

--
Freundliche Grüsse