race-condition in ram_fs and fs_query?

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Wed May 22 09:49:19 CEST 2019

Martin,

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 17:52:52 CEST, Martin Stein wrote:
> El 20/5/19 a las 14:08, Guido Witmond escribió:
> > Now the next step: create a dynamic ROM to start the pdf_view component
> > on demand. Any pointers to run files that help me get going?
>
> I could imagine that listening to a report via the ROM filter [1] might
> be what you are looking for. But I don't know whether there is a
> component that creates a report that contains a list of files located
> inside a given directory. However, this might not be so hard to
> implement if you do it as FS bump-in-the-wire component.

Guido mentioned the component in his original posting

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/tree/master/repos/gems/src/app/fs_query

The missing piece now is the "filter" that generates the dynamic init
configuration based on the file listing. I'm also not sure if the
rom_filter fits all requirements but I think it's a good starting
point. Examples for the rom_filter are in the source tree.

  os/recipes/pkg/test-rom_filter/runtime
  os/run/demo.run

Greets
--