Problems with some partitions detection/mounting

Valery V. Sedletski _valerius at mail.ru
Sun Mar 10 21:32:54 CET 2019

Josef Söntgen wrote:
> Hello Valery,
>
>> 1) Sculpt boots (only with x86_32 case, so far) fine until the desktop, it
>> detects my Intel Gigabit LAN and Intel wifi just fine, and the network
>> interface is up and assigned an IP. Also, it correctly detects the size of
>> my 750 GB hard disk (actually, 698 GB, because 1 GB == 1024^3 bytes, not
>> 1000^3 bytes). But the Leitzentrale lists only first three partitions, not
>> all ones (see the screenshot below).
>>
>> My hard disk partitioning scheme is the following: [1]. The 1st primary
>> partition is a 64 GB FAT32 partition. I tried to use it as a Genode
>> partition, but Sculpt has problems mounting it, for some reason. The
>> extended partition contains the following logical partitions within it:
>>
>> 1) a 3 GB HPFS partition with OS/2
>> 2) another 3 GB HPFS partition (empty)
>> 3) a 420 GB JFS partition, shared by OS/2 and Linux
>> 4) 40 GB Linux swap partition
>> 5) a 55 GB Linux ext3 partition
>> 6) a 10 GB BeFS Haiku partition
>> 7) a 90 GB freespace
> Could you please give commit [1] a try. It should fix your problem
> regarding the missing EBR entries.
>
>    [1] https://github.com/cnuke/genode/commit/e95e0d1b747bac1bfc41a7781b
>
> To use it in the Sculpt, please cherry-pick the commit and make the
> following changes to _repos/gems/run/sculpt.run_:
>
>    build { server/part_block }
>    append boot_modules { part_block }
I cherry-picked your commit, and tried it on my machine, now it seems to
be fixed, at least, now I see all my 10 partitions shown, with correct
sizes!

Thanks for the fix! Now I should be able to create a separate partition
for Genode, and it will see it. (Though, there's still a problem with
the FAT driver, failing to mount a FAT32 partition, but it is not
related to part_blk).

WBR,
valery