sculpt-ce underwartetes verhalten

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Fri Jun 14 12:32:59 CEST 2019

Hi Reiner,

I have some hints to your questions/issues.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 10:42:50 CEST, cand.med.mag.r.danner wrote:
> -1- on a T400 lenovo after booting in genode a black screen which
> run in a reboot loop / after three runs i shut down the system

The T400 is a pre-Core-i platform using Intel Core 2 Duo CPUs and
therefore is out of the range of well-tested devices. You could
neverthelesse try to check the following BIOS settings and retry
Sculpt CE.

Security -> Memory Protection -> Execution Prevention -> Enabled

  If this feature is disabled the system intialization enters a reboot
  loop.

Config -> CPU -> Virtualization Technology -> Enabled
Config -> CPU -> VT-d Feature -> Enabled

Unfortunately, I was also not lucky with a quick test on a dusty T400
from our recycling stack. So, I suggest you spare the time.

> -2- on a X201 lenovo after booting in genode a colored screen apears
> with vertical strips / the i shut down the system

It's a pity that this does not work out-of-the-box as the X201 is a
particularly suitable platform to start with: limited variations of
models, support for virtualization and IOMMU. Could please check the
following BIOS Options?

Config -> CPU -> Virtualization Technology -> Enabled
Config -> CPU -> VT-d Feature -> Enabled
Security -> Memory Protection -> Execution Prevention -> Enabled

With a X201 from our stock the Sculpt CE image works like a charm just
a second ago.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth