How to see runtime log on Rpi3 B+

kimberly nNA eft823177 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 14:17:43 CEST 2019

Dear Genode team,
I am Kimberly.

I modified and added some apps on *demo.run*
The genode version is https://github.com/tomga/genode/tree/rpi3bplus_19.02
I tried this commands :
$ ./tool/create_builddir *rpi3bplus*
$ make run/demo KERNEL=hw
This case successfully run on Rpi3 B+
But I couldn't see the runtime log like as on x86_64 :
[init -> drivers] Error: Could not open ROM session for "config"
[init -> drivers] Error: Uncaught exception of type
'Genode::Rom_connection::Rom_connection_failed'
[init -> drivers] Warning: abort called - thread: ep
[init] child "drivers" exited with exit value 1
[init -> acpi_drv] Found MADT
Like the above example, sometimes I want to debug errors on Rpi.
Can I see the runtime log on Rpi3 B+ ?
If it can, how to set on putty ? (p.s. I used *USB to TTL Serial Cable*)
In putty configuration :
serial line : /dev/ttyUSB0
speed : 115200
I also tried speed : 9600
But I still couldn't see runtime log.

Maybe I have to refer to *gpio_signal.run* and then modify *demo.run* ?

p.s. If I used *raspbian-stretch-lite.img* (*raspberrypi.com
<http://raspberrypi.com> *provide it), I can see runtime log.

Thanks a lot ! 😊