Genodians.org BETA is live

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Wed Jan 30 12:17:39 CET 2019

Hello Johannes,

> Curiosity led me into having a look at the recipes.

It is nice to see that somebody took the time and looked at the scenario
more closely.

> I am a bit puzzled about the '/dev/random' emulation though as I'd
> expect that it is accessed by openssl. Is there any reasonable
> explanation for this or is it one of the reasons why it is treated as
> BETA?

Well, it would be one of the reasons indeed - using such high-quality
entropy was a reasonable choice during the initial development of the
scenario. After all, at this point, the features provided by the TLS
stack were not that important and now there are still more pressing
issues to resolve (functionality-wise). That being said, it will be
changed to use a proper entropy source eventually :-)

Josef Söntgen