Wikis, and the need for a "Genode Book"

ttcoder at netcourrier.com ttcoder at netcourrier.com
Mon Apr 1 15:49:41 CEST 2019

While reading about Genode initially, I remember seeing a reference to a "wiki" somewhere; apparently there used to be a community-
editable Genode wiki at some point?, which was later retired.

Hopefully that is not a bad omen for the announcement I'm about to make :-).. Maybe the old contents was just moved to another format,
or there was a lack of external contributions, which did not warrant keeping its contents editable by third parties? Anyhow, here goes:

    https://chiselapp.com/user/ttcoder/repository/genode-book/home

I'm writing an example in the one area where I'm starting to find my bearings a bit (Nitpicker: create a window, views...) to show what
kind of format I expect. The idea is that others would do the same in areas I do *not* yet understand; then I'll get up to speed and will be
able to fight my way out of a paper bag in them *g*. Obviously this would have to benefit the developers community at large.

 **

Purpose (or lack thereof): This might get nowhere. If so, no big deal, didn't take personal resources or (much) time to set this up; it's
mostly placeholders at this point.

Implementation: If the community does like the idea of a wiki, but not the implementation: this does not claim to be the best place for a
wiki: maybe it'll end up having been just a stop gap hosting to get the ball rolling, until someone in the community finds a better host,
better format (I'm very partial to fossil and all its features, don't expect unbiased/objective arguing from me *g*). What's important to me
is the result: getting structured documentation, a programmer's hand book of sorts.

With all the disclaimers out of the way, here's my honest opinion:
It would really help me and my project if there was a low-to-moderate flow of edits going to the "Genode Book" in the future, be it in the
above form or another form. This might help others too.

Any suggestions, criticisms, out-of-the-box thinking, contributions, welcome, here or in "tickets" or wiki-forum ..etc.

Cedric