Questions about genode os from a prospective user (moving from Qubes)

Mr Oxide mroxide88 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 01:49:52 CEST 2018

I am a former qubes user. Currently on Linux MInt. Thinking of moving to
Genode.

Questions are (and this is for the Nova kernel with VirtualBox):

1. Can you assign PCI device hardware to virtual machines?

2. Can VMs be networked to each other? My idea with qubes was to setup an
HVM with a dedicated HBA card and then install freenas within it. I would
then use this as a nas for all of my vms to share. Is this possible with
genode?

3. Is there anything that is not compatible (compared to qubes os)?

4. How is net security in dom0? In qubes os there is no dom0 networking.