Multiboot with Genode Sculpt

Johannes Schlatow schlatow at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Tue Nov 13 19:22:44 CET 2018

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 08:17:19 -0700
The solution I came up with is to keep the original sculpt partitioning.
I.e. the esp partition holds the grub.cfg with the configfile command
pointing to the grub.cfg on the Genode partition. The configfile
command can be used within a menuentry so that I moved the existing
lines into a 'menuentry "Genode"'. I added another menuentry for my
Archlinux installation as follows:

> loadfont /boot/grub/fonts/unicode.pf2
> menuentry "Archlinux" {
>  set root=(hd0,gpt4)
>  configfile /boot/grub/grub.cfg
> }
> menuentry "Genode" {
> set root=(hd0,gpt3)
> [...]
> configfile /boot/grub/grub.cfg
> }

Note, that you need to copy the grub modules to the esp partition as
the root command does not affect the search path for modules.

Best regards
 Johannes