Hello, world!

Nobody III hungryninja101 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:08:34 CET 2018

You are absolutely correct about Genode being able to isolate critical code
from non-critical code – that's one of its main purposes.

Port files are only necessary to download external code.

I'm not sure about your second question. In particular, noux was intended
exclusively for ported software. At this point, its main purpose is to
emulate the fork() system call. For software that doesn't require that, I'd
recommend just using libc instead. Noux also isn't designed for code
isolation within a single noux instance, so that might be an issue as well.

There are plenty of code isolation examples available, and we can help you
more if you tell us more about what you're trying to do. Then we can give
you much better advice on what libraries and RPC interfaces to use. For
example, if you want to separate a login screen's GUI from the password
verification and login code, I'd recommend using the Report interface
and/or the File_system interface.