Porting Library - Missing "openssl.mk"

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Tue Nov 6 03:52:43 CET 2018

Hello,

I have been slowly working on porting "libvncserver" to Genode, as my
introduction to the art form.  I am new to this sort of thing, but the
Porting Guide is good, and there are plenty of examples in "libports",
so I have been able to force my way through most of the problems I have
encountered so far.  (I will have questions later about the correct way
of doing things, however.)

But I have hit a problem that I can't figure out.

The library depends on several external libraries; so far all of them
are already in "libports".  But one of the dependencies is "openssl",
and I get the following error when running "make":

   "Library-description file openssl.mk is missing"

This indeed appears to be the case, both in my local source tree and on
GitHub.

Do I need to do something different for "openssl", or is it really a
missing file?

  Thanks!
--
   John J. Karcher