Reg Genode on Secure Tablet

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Fri Nov 2 21:49:27 CET 2018

On 11/02/2018 05:36 AM, Stefan Kalkowski wrote:
> Hi Ayesha,
>
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 09:55:53AM +0530, A Noor wrote:
>> I have successfully emulated ARM-Genode in Bionic beaver. I need to run the
>> Genode on the Android system now.
>> Can anyone pls help me out through this process. A small help also
>> accountable.
>
> if I understand you correctly, you want to run Genode as userland on
> top of your Android/Linux system. In that case you need to compile the
> Linux/ARM port of Genode, which is in fact not much tested, and not
> widely used. But anyway, the following conservation might be a good
> starting point:
>
>    https://sourceforge.net/p/genode/mailman/message/34125072/

Personally, I think it would be very interesting to get Genode running
on mobile hardware, even just on Linux as intermediate step.  I
understand that this is not on the Genode Labs roadmap, but if the Linux
ARM port works, it might be something the community could work on.

For anyone who is interested, the "postmarketOS" project (
https://postmarketos.org/ ) is an attempt to run a single Linux distro
on multiple devices by isolating all the device-specific code into a
thin layer.  (I have not experimented with postmarketOS yet, but they
seem to have made a lot of progress.)

After I get some more experience with the Genode build tools on smaller
projects, I would like to give it a try.

As always, if anyone has any thoughts and/or advice, it would be greatly
appreciated.

  Thanks!

   John J. Karcher
   devuser at alternateapproach.com