Segmentation fault in free_io_mem

Johannes Kliemann kliemann at ...543...
Tue Mar 13 11:01:02 CET 2018

Hi all,

I have sent this mail before but it was timed unfortunately and got lost
in the 18.02 release.

While testing the IO_MEM session on Linux with ACPI I noticed that the
acpi_drv segfaults when freeing its io memory on
repos/os/src/drivers/acpi/acpi.cc:1304 [1]. The crash happens then in
repos/base/include/base/allocator.h:319 [2] at

> operator delete (obj, dealloc);

I noticed that this is called many times without problems but not from
free_io_mem. Unfortunately I have to admit that my C++ knowledge is
insufficient to really grasp what happens in this expression.
Is there any difference in how io memory is freed or should there be any
(at least on Linux)?

Regards,
Johannes

[1]: