Failure of Genode Demo

zabarnyi at campus.technion.ac.il zabarnyi at campus.technion.ac.il
Sat Jun 2 16:42:53 CEST 2018

Hello,

This is my first experience with Genode. I am trying to run a demo for Genode 17.05 (with toolchain 17.05, 64 bits), on an Oracle VM VirtualBox (5.2.10-122406) virtual machine, with Linux Ubuntu 16.04.4 (64 bits) OS. I am following the guide on https://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/getting_started and I have already installed all the packages mentioned in this guide.

However, when I try to run a demo using:

cd build/x86_64
make KERNEL=linux run/demo

the build of Genode succeeds, but the demo fails with the following error message:

genode build completed

using 'core-linux' as 'core'

using 'ld-linux.lib.so' as 'ld.lib.so'

using 'linux_timer_drv' as 'timer'

spawn ./core

Genode 17.05

17592186044415 MiB RAM and 8998 caps assigned to init

Warning: blocking canceled in entrypoint constructor

Error: Unexpected call of 'block_for_signal' (/genode/genode-17.05/repos/base/src/core/signal_receiver.cc:39)

I would be grateful if you could help me to understand the reason for it (I couldn't find the answer on the web).

Best regards,

Konstantin