difference between lwip and lxip

Emery Hemingway ehmry at posteo.net
Mon Jul 16 10:00:49 CEST 2018

Hello Guido,

Both the libc_lxip and libc_lwip libraries will be removed soon.
The libc library has its own Berkly socket support that uses the
VFS to access an IP stack. Your only option at the moment is the
vfs_lxip plugin, but there will be a vfs_lwip plugin on staging
soon. The benefit to you is that you will be able to test both
using run-time rather than link-time configuration.

The following run script demonstrates how to configure the VFS:
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/libports/run/netty_tcp.run
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/libports/run/netty.inc

Cheers,
Emery