difference between lwip and lxip

Guido Witmond guido at witmond.nl
Mon Jul 16 00:11:56 CEST 2018

Hi All,

I've been playing with lwip and lxip and I noticed a discrepancy between
them. I made a tester-application [1] to pinpoint these differences.

The application gets a DHCP-address, opens a berkeley socket, binds to
it, sets listen mode and accepts an incoming request. Then it sends a
simple string back and waits for a new request.

With lwip it works as expected. With lxip it runs until the accept-step.
There it times out after roughly 10 seconds with errno 21 (EINVAL)
Invalid argument.

However if I connect to it with a client before the timeout hits, it
serves a reply and resets the timer. I can keep the application alive
for as long as I keep requests coming in.

I understood that lxip was plug-in compatible with lwip but somehow lxip
does not have the patience that lwip has.

Is this a bug in lxip or is there a missing dependency for lxip?

I've added the make run/tester_l[wx]ip log files in the repo. The lxip
one has scary warning about incompatible type conversions.

Cheers, Guido.

1: https://github.com/gwitmond/tester