Service denied when server is updated

Stefan Thöni stefan.thoeni at gapfruit.com
Fri Jul 6 11:46:58 CEST 2018

Hello Genodians,

I observed that when a runtime configuration with a app already present
(downloaded and unpacked) accessing a service on new server (version) is
deployed, the app gets a Service_denied exception while the new server
(version) is being downloaded, verified or unpacked.

Wouldn't it be better to start all components in the runtime
configuration only when all possible downloading is complete?

Otherwise we either need to make components tolerant to Service_denied
exceptions or detect such error conditions and restart the runtime entirely.

Cheers
Stefan

--
Freundliche Grüsse