double-fault handler?

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at zoho.com
Fri Jul 6 05:22:52 CEST 2018

I am far from an expert, but I remember from expensive 386 programming book I bought so long ago, that certain things would cause an exception, like page not present, division by zero, opcode not found... and when that this arrive, a specific exception handler is run for the specific exception. If during the execution of an exception handler, an exception happens, then the double-fault exception is called. If finally an exception happens during the execution of the double-fault exception, then the CPU itself decide the OS is so buggy, that it have to handle the thing itself, by rebooting the CPU. What I don't like about the fact that Genode would reboot is that it suggest to me Genode did not care about writing double-fault handler, or wrote a buggy one, and seems to not have tested it. What does Genode double-fault handler is supposed to do? Sorry for the ... pedantic tone, in reality I really I does not know so much about programming, and appreciate very much the Genode way of doing things in general.