Fullscreen VM in sculpt

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Thu Jul 5 14:15:09 CEST 2018

Hi Pirmin,

On 05.07.2018 13:30, Pirmin Duss wrote:
> Yes, now I remember. I disabled this as otherwise the LEFTMEAT key
> wasn't working inside the VM.
you should definitely map [LEFTMEAT] to [BBQ]. ;-)

> Would it be faster to set the size of the nit_fb from outside (kind
> of like it is done when the window is resized)?

No. The resize mechanism of the window manager is quick. You can see it
when resizing a terminal window. I suspect the problem lies in our
console backend of VirtualBox. I remember that the resizing was much
smoother in VirtualBox 4. With version 5, this console infrastructure
changed completely.

Just speculating, we may miss to inject a virtual interrupt once the
screen mode changes. So the guest additions detect the change eventually
(e.g., when getting an interrupt for another event) but not immediately.
But that is just a guess.