Testing sculpt on different hypervisor

andreas.baumann at keemail.me andreas.baumann at keemail.me
Wed Jul 4 17:19:21 CEST 2018

Sculpt early adopter here. I tested Sculpt on VirtualBox with the official ova. It works but when trying to boot the vbox5-tc-browser it fails. I guess the reason is VirtualBox not supporting nested virtualization. Some other hypervisors, however, do though I'm not sure if Sculpt works there and if nested virtualization would work in this specific case. I had no luck with booting the image on KVM. I see the genode splash screen and also serial output depending on the VM configuration but it never reaches the initial Sculpt desktop. If it is possible to use other hypervisors could maybe someone post a working configuration? Is nested virtualization possible with Sculpt?

Best regards,
Andreas