Installing Genode within container

Valery V. Sedletski _valerius at ...73...
Tue Jan 23 16:05:44 CET 2018

On 23.01.2018 13:13, Subhadeep Sarkar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your quick response!
>
> However, even after trying on it for the last couple of last I could
> not make it work (clearly shows that I am a newbie in Genode). The
> good part is I am able to by pass the problem by installing Genode in
> a (ubuntu) virtual machine instead of a container. I successfully
> launched the demo for okl4 from there. Launching sel4, however, does
> not appear to be as straightforward. ;)

So, what is your problem? Can't connect to the VNC server? What kind of
container did you tried? Does it have a separate IP address assigned?
The IP should be from that container. The display number is usually 0.
So, you should specify

QEMU_OPT += 127.0.0.1:0

if your IP is the same as a host machine (you can try a simple chroot
instead of a container, for simplicity. Then it's IP would be 127.0.0.1.
Also, in this case you will be able to access a local display, and VNC
will be unneeded)

So, the problem may be with accessibility of your VNC display from
outside the container. But you could try chroot for simplicity, as I
suggested. VM is a worst option, because you'll need to run QEMU inside
this VM for testing the binaries, which will be slow.