Rust and Package Versions

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Sat Feb 10 15:06:56 CET 2018

Hello Hinnerk,

> today I tried to get run/rust to build and failed. As far as I can tell
> that happens because newer Rust compilers don't support options, that
> the old version in the port file depends on.
> I tried to update the version and made some progress, but I don't have
> everything working right now.
> Does anyone have a port with a newer version of Rust that I could try?

I am not aware of one. Genode's Rust support is not actively maintained.
We just keep the existing test case working.

> Somewhat related to that: I noticed similar issues with other ports as
> well (e.g. bash is version 4.1 (pre shellshock afaict)): is there any
> interest in updating the ports? If so: would you merge a pull request
> with such trivial updates?

Such updates would be appreciated! We simply don't pay much attention to
keep those packages up to date because Noux is currently used in a
rather narrow scope (i.e., not exposed to the network). But this may
change any time. Contributions, however minor you think they are, are
very welcome! :-)