Rust and Package Versions

Hinnerk van Bruinehsen n8fear at ...560...
Fri Feb 9 21:17:25 CET 2018

Hello,

today I tried to get run/rust to build and failed. As far as I can tell
that happens because newer Rust compilers don't support options, that
the old version in the port file depends on.
I tried to update the version and made some progress, but I don't have
everything working right now.
Does anyone have a port with a newer version of Rust that I could try?

Somewhat related to that: I noticed similar issues with other ports as
well (e.g. bash is version 4.1 (pre shellshock afaict)): is there any
interest in updating the ports? If so: would you merge a pull request
with such trivial updates?

Wkr,
Hinnerk