getaddrinfo - Error: libc suspend() called from non-user context (0x117549a) - aborting

Johannes Kliemann kliemann at ...543...
Tue Feb 6 23:19:16 CET 2018

Hi all,

when I use the lwip networking I sometimes get the following error:

> Error: libc suspend() called from non-user context (0x117549a) - aborting

I have tracked it down to a call of getaddrinfo yet I could not  find
out when exactly and why this happens. It occurs at ca. 50% of the
tries. Does anyone have an idea how to fix that?

Also is there a way to check if an IP is available? Sleeping a few
seconds and hoping that DHCP assigned an address does not seem a
reliable solution to me.

The full code is available at [1], [2] and [3] while the error happens
in [3] at line 24.
To test it yourself, check out [4] and run `make run/sntp`.

Regards,
Johannes

[1]:
https://github.com/jklmnn/genode-world/blob/sntp/src/server/sntp/main.cc