Virtual machines from .vdi images

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Nov 15 09:08:29 CET 2017

Hi Chris,

On 09.11.2017 21:56, Chris Rothrock wrote:
> Unfortunately the BIOS configuration on this machine does not have any
> options to change (or even see) the actual mode the SATA controller is
> in so this path is a bust.  To change track, but still try to load from
> a block device, how can I use a USB flash drive as a block device to
> store the .VDI image on and read from rather than the SATA
> controller/hard drive?

you may take a look at 'repos/dde_linux/run/usb_storage.run'.

That said, the intermediate outcome of the current discussion is rather
disappointing from my point of view as you ignored important parts of
Christian's Helmuth's posting (such as providing the output of lspci),
which would have helped us to better understand the situation and
possibly improve Genode. By merely attempting to side-step issues
("change tracks"), there is hardly any chance to learn from the issue at
hand and, thereby, no benefit for the community at large.