Query regarding Genode trustzone

Wed May 31 12:50:01 CEST 2017

Hello,

On 05/30/2017 10:46 AM, Abhishek Kumar wrote:
> Hello
> I am trying to run genode's trustzone on imx53 board. AFAIU, it starts
> with "init" which then sets up `vmm` and calls `vmm.start()`, which
> should load my kernel in normal world. And kernel in normal world uses
> vmm as proxy to talk to the secure world. Am I correct? If so, where can
> I find the piece of code which tries to load the normal world linux,
> like some stub or something.

Yes, you are right: the component called 'tz_vmm' loads the linux kernel
running in the so called normal world. And exactly that component
comprises the code you are asking for. It is part of the Genode OS
framework within the 'os' repository. Please have a look here:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/tree/master/repos/os/src/server/tz_vmm

The actual kernel loading is just a memcpy to the right place in memory,
have a look here:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/os/src/server/tz_vmm/vm_base.cc#L25

Regards
Stefan