Genode on i.MX6Q Sabre Lite

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Thu Mar 30 10:43:25 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 29.03.2017 15:06, Martin Stein wrote:
>> And if it is possible, can you please suggest me a starting point for
>> Genode/seL4 on i.MX6? I'm currently going through files in
>> repos/base-sel4 directory and trying to make sense out of it. I'm still
>> quite new to ARM platforms, as well as Genode and seL4 kernel, so I
>> would greatly appreciate any thoughts or ideas of where to begin.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with base-sel4. Maybe someone else
> can answer this?

Look for any x86 specific configuration/files in base-sel4 and come up
with imx6 specific ones, I would guess. E.g. if you search for x86* you
find in

repos/base-sel4/lib/mk/spec/x86_32

several files which setup the sel4 kernel for x86 (build the sel4
kernel, sel4 kernel bindings etc.). This must be (probably) also added to

repos/base-sel4/lib/mk/spec/imx6/

(somehow similar as base-hw does).

For example in repos/base-sel4/lib/mk/spec/x86_32/kernel-sel4.mk the
seL4 kernel is build for x86_32. Here you have to come up with a
kernel-sel4.mk in the imx6 folder which builds the sel4 kernel for
imx6/Sabre lite. How this is exactly is done, you have to check the
documentation of seL4.

Cheers,

Alex.

--
Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com - http://www.genode.org

Genode Labs GmbH - Amtsgericht Dresden - HRB 28424 - Sitz Dresden