Genode on i.MX6Q Sabre Lite

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Wed Mar 29 15:06:42 CEST 2017

Hi Yevgeny,

Am 29.03.2017 um 10:53 schrieb Yevgeny Lavrov:
> Thank you for providing me this list, Stefan. I ran every single script
> from this list on my Sabre Lite, and the majority of them succeeded,
> except the following three: bomb, part_blk, and sd_card_bench.
> The sd_card_bench gave me the following msg:
>
> [init] child "timer" announces service "Timer"
> [init -> sd_card_bench] Error: command timed out
> [init -> sd_card_bench] Error: Send_if_cond command failed
> [init -> sd_card_bench] Error: Uncaught exception of type
> 'Sd_card::Host_controller::Detection_failed'
> [init -> sd_card_bench] Warning: abort called - thread: ep
> [init] child "sd_card_bench" exited with exit value 1
>
> Can it be caused by the wrong values of SDHC_IRQ and SDHC_MMIO_BASE in
> imx6/drivers/board_base.h?

I don't think that this is the problem. At this point, you have already
reset the component (excludes wrong MMIO base) and IRQs are not needed
for Send_if_cond (we poll for completion). It's more likely that there's
a problem with card initialization. Could you please print out
completion state in [1] like...

error("command timed out irqstat: ", read<Irqstat>());

... and send the result? This might give a glue about whats happened.

> Just to make sure. When a test module exits with "exit value 0", does it
> mean that the test module succeeded, or something else?

This depends on the surrounding test environment (eg. the parent
component of the test component or the run script that runs the scenario
with the test component). If "Init" is the parent, it simply prints out
"child X exited with value Y". We sometimes use this in run scripts to
determine if a test succeeded, but there's no general heuristic about that.

> And if it is possible, can you please suggest me a starting point for
> Genode/seL4 on i.MX6? I'm currently going through files in
> repos/base-sel4 directory and trying to make sense out of it. I'm still
> quite new to ARM platforms, as well as Genode and seL4 kernel, so I
> would greatly appreciate any thoughts or ideas of where to begin.

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with base-sel4. Maybe someone else
can answer this?

Cheers,
Martin

[1] os/src/drivers/sd_card/spec/imx/driver.cc:132