Genode on i.MX6Q Sabre Lite

Wed Mar 22 11:56:03 CET 2017

Hi,

On 03/22/2017 08:14 AM, Yevgeny Lavrov wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the hint. You're correct about the UART, they are different.
> Wand uses UART1 = 0x02020000 while Sabre Lite uses UART2 which is 0x021e800.
> I tried Genode 15.02 from the institute of
> Madras:|https://github.com/iitmadras/genode/tree/hw_sabrelite_tz_support
> <https://github.com/iitmadras/genode/tree/hw_sabrelite_tz_support>|,
> simple run/printf for now, and it works. I currently use it as a
> reference. After comparing board_base.h files for i.MX6 platform, I
> noticed that specifically for Sabre Lite the values in the board_base.h
> from Madras are set to:
>
> UART_1_IRQ = 57,
> UART_1_MMIO_BASE = 0x021e8000,
>
> while for Wandboard, they are the same as in Genode 17.02.
>
> I don't think that adjusting UART will be as simple as copying these
> values over to Genode 17.02
> /repos/base/include/spec/imx6/drivers/board_base.h So if there are any
> other files involved, would you please tell me what those files are so I
> know exactly what to look for?

well, if you just want to adjust the code to replace the Wandboard
definitions with your i.MX 6Q Sabre Lite, it is actually that simple.
You only have to change the settings in above mentioned file with in the
17.02 release.

If you want to add support of your board beside of the Wandboard
support, you will have to insert a new layer of board definition. But
being in your position I would first change the current Wandboard
settings to see whether it works in general.

> How would I lower the RAM size for my build, and what files are involved?

It is the very same file. You have to change the value of RAM0_SIZE.

Regards
Stefan