pthread_main_np not implemented

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Wed Dec 27 15:12:26 CET 2017

Hello Steve,

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 06:04:46PM -0600, Steven Harp wrote:
> After upgrading to 17.11, I noticed some of my libc+lwip using programs have
> started logging many warnings like:
>
>    pthread_main_np_int: pthread_main_np called, not implemented
>
> This is observed with a fresh checkout (under x86_32/nova); so,
> I presume the cause is distinct from the similar warnings noted in #2312.

I'm not sure but I expect this warning is caused by the FreeBSD resolv
library, which for some reason tries to intelligently apply
pthread-based multi threading when resolving DNS names.

> Possibly related (?), during build, there were also quite a few warnings
> like:
>
>  libports/src/lib/libc_lwip/plugin.cc:284:31:
>    warning: ‘Genode::Env_deprecated* Genode::env()’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
>   Genode::destroy(Genode::env()->heap(), context(fdo));

This warning is unrelated and will disappear after our current
lwip/lxip rework is finished. It only hints that this code uses a
deprecated but still functional feature of the Genode API.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs