Nova without Bender

Johannes Kliemann Johannes.Kliemann at ...250...
Thu Aug 3 13:11:59 CEST 2017

Hi,

I tried to use Nova without Bender with Multiboot2. Basically it works,
but when I omit Bender, there's no serial output from either Nova or
Genode. I couldn't find out what Bender does different to enable serial
on Nova.

My grub2.cfg looks as follows:

> set timeout=5
> serial --unit=0 --speed=115200
> terminal_output serial console
> terminal_input serial console
> menuentry 'Genode on NOVA' {
>  multiboot2 /hypervisor hypervisor iommu serial novpid novga
>  module2 /image.elf image.elf
> }

What is missing to enable serial on Nova alone?

Regards,
Johannes

PS: It also seems that Benders Multiboot2-header [1] is not
specification conform. The tags type and flags are defined as double
word but according to the specification [2] these are u16 so this should
be a word only.

[1]:
https://github.com/alex-ab/morbo/blob/genode_bender/standalone/start.asm#L15
[2]: http://nongnu.askapache.com/grub/phcoder/multiboot.pdf