Genode 16.08 nova.iso rebooting on real Core 2 Duo after relocating modules

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Sat Sep 24 11:22:48 CEST 2016

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 07:21:33PM -0400, Paul Dufresne wrote:
> But then again, the constructors is called before Hip::build (mbi); in
> nova init, which reads command line.
> So novga cannot have effect yet.

If this would be true the following code makes no sense to me.

  src/console_vga.cpp:29

  if (Cmdline::novga)
      return;

You could still just put 'return;' before line 29 to prevent VGA
initialization. On the other hand, this does not avoid running into
the same issue later during bootstrap. I'm curious what you'll find
out about the 'new (quota)' suspicion.

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/