VirtualBox on Genode

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Fri Sep 2 09:54:03 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 02.09.2016 00:04, Yevgeny Lavrov wrote:
> 1) Where should I put Tinycore Linux .iso file? It says save it as
> bin/test.iso in the similar thread "running VirtualBox on Genode" on Genode
> mailing lists. Is it <Genode-dir>/build/nova_x86_64/bin directory that gets

Yes.

> 2) Where should I add  "<config><image type="iso"
> file="/iso/test.iso"/></config>" ?

Not needed, see below.

> 3) Where to execute make run/virtualbox? I assume it's my build directory.

Yes, call in your build directory, <Genode-dir>/build/nova_x86_64,

make run/virtualbox

> However, executing it in my build directory results in Error: no run script
> for virtualbox.

The effectively used run script is located in
$(GENODE_DIR)/repos/ports/run/virtualbox.run, so you have to add also
the "ports" directory to your build.conf file.

So do the same as with "libports", in your words:

uncommented REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/ports line in
<Genode-dir>/build/nova_x86_64/etc/build.conf

Cheers,

Alex.