x86 Genode missing modules

Chris Rothrock cgrothrock at ...9...
Wed May 18 14:00:07 CEST 2016

I was working off an older grub file and both of these modules were
included.  If they are no longer required, I will remove them from the
grub2 file.  This task I was working on was to get a successul boot of x86
on Genode with the Nova microkernel and from what you describe, I have done
exactly that.

Thanks for the info!

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 4:56 AM, Alexander Boettcher <
alexander.boettcher at ...1...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 17.05.2016 19:26, Chris Rothrock wrote:
> > I have built Genode with the Nova microkernel and am able to get my grub2
> > to boot to the build, however it appears that there are two modules
> missing
> > from the compile I was able to build - bootloader and pci_drv.
>
> Which Genode version do you using ? "pci_drv" is obsolete and not used
> anymore since some releases. Which "run" script did you use or do you
> just manually setup some scenario ?
>
> "bootloader" is no module used by Genode/Nova - where do you get this from
> ?
>
> Genode/Nova will make no output to the screen (beside the initial kernel
> messages), unless you use some graphical scenario (like Nobody III
> already hinted). For non graphical Genode/Nova scenarios you will have
> to connect a serial/UART cable to the target machine to get some output.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex.
>   Without
> > these modules, the hypervisor boots but gets hung at displaying the
> > processor information, never a command prompt.  Is there something in the
> > compile I need to set to get these two modules to compile with the rest
> of
> > Genode?

> > Mobile security can be enabling, not merely restricting. Employees who
> > bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of MDM
> > restrictions. Mobile Device Manager Plus allows you to control only the
> > apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data
> untouched!
> > https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/304595813;131938128;j

Thanks,
Chris