Mouse pointer speed

Wed Mar 9 08:40:28 CET 2016

Hello Bent,

On 03/09/2016 07:15 AM, Bent Bracke wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry about the lack of details.
>
> It is possible that it's just too fast. I'm simply having difficulties clicking on anything because the mouse pointer moves around so quickly.
>
> I'm running genode with qemu on Ubuntu on macbookpro via parallels.
>
> It is a usb trackball which works fine on Ubuntu and OS X.

so you run Genode inside a virtual machine (Qemu) inside a virtual
machine (parallels)? Then of course the actual hardware, your usb
trackball, does not play a role anymore. Using this kind of nested
virtualization lead to different various problems for different people
in the past.

A possible solution to circumvent the nesting of virtualization
techniques would be to use your Ubuntu VM for building the Genode
scenario, but instead of executing it within Qemu, you could boot the
resulting ISO image again via parallels natively on your Mac OS in a
second VM.

Regards
Stefan