tz_vmm run script

Mon Mar 7 12:15:46 CET 2016

Hi John,

On 03/05/2016 02:57 AM, John David wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Stefan Kalkowski <
> stefan.kalkowski at ...1...> wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> On 03/03/2016 02:38 AM, John David wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Martin Stein <
>> martin.stein at ...1...

>>> Could you please see the attached kernel log messages and check for
>>> possible errors? because I am still getting only the Linux penguin on the
>>> LVDS display. there are some errors such as,
>>> *da9052_ssc_i2c 0-0048: 2 - da9052_i2c_read:master_xfer Failed!*
>>
>> Ok, obviously you redirect the bootconsole to serial line again. But did
>> you see any boot messages when not redirecting and setting the kernel
>> options that Martin mentioned?
>> More importantly, what about my hint to inspect the initramfs you are
>> using, whether the init process will spawn a tty on-screen at all? It's
>> hard to follow you when not getting feedback regarding earlier questions.
>>

> I have tried different options, but no luck so far.
>

>> Alternatively, you can provide a git branch containing the Linux version
>> including your currently used configuration, and a Genode branch with
>> your state including the run-script you are using (including the
>> initramfs, you're using), so one can reproduce your results.
>>

>  Please find my patches in the following branches (Genode, Linux and
> initramfs)
>
> https://github.com/jonhedave/Genode/tree/genode
> https://github.com/jonhedave/linux/tree/linux
> https://github.com/jonhedave/initramfs/tree/initramfs

As I've assumed Linux already succeeded with its boot process. The
console messages and prompt was not shown, because the Linux Kernel
configuration was missing "framebuffer console" support. Probably that
is not needed for Android, but it is for the busybox initramfs setup. To
simplify these kind of Linux problems debugging, I've integrated the
para-virtual serial line driver we use for the USB armory. Have a look
at my forks of your branches:

https://github.com/skalk/genode/tree/johndave
https://github.com/skalk/linux/tree/johndave

Regards