Heeselicht scenario

Tue Jun 21 14:31:54 CEST 2016

Hello Genode folks,

hereby, I'd like to announce my recent activity to turn the Turmvilla
scenario published by Norman after last year's Hack'n'Hike into an USB
live setup.

Instead of the original variation, this scenario enables you to boot
Genode natively from an USB stick on top of your favorite Intel x86
hardware. In parallel, you can execute your previous installed OS on
disk inside a VirtualBox VM without further modifications.

This setup offered me the opportunity to switch to Genode without the
need to alter my current Linux working environment. Thinking that I'm
not the only one that might be interested in such a setup, I've spent
some time during our recent Hack'n'Hike in a nice old house in
"Heeselicht" to facilitate the steps to reproduce this setup.

If you are undaunted, and like to give it a try, you can have a look at
the corresponding issue:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/2018

There are detailed instructions in the issue. For further assistance,
leave a comment at the issue tracker or reply to this email.

Regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Kalkowski