a device driver

Mon Jun 13 15:16:03 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 06/13/2016 01:55 PM, John David wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I wanted to use Adafruit Fingerprint sensor which can be connected to
> Arduino Uno micro-controller with TTL serial. Then I will connect the
> Arduino to the i.MX53 QSB via USB. Here you can find the
> Adafruit-fingerprint-sensor-library
> <https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Fingerprint-Sensor-Library>.

Well, we do not have USB host controller support for the i.MX53 yet. So
in this case you will need to first port that driver.

Alternatively, and maybe less complicated would be to connect the
Fingerprint sensor directly to a second UART of the i.MX53 QSB. AFAIK
there are two additional UARTs available via the expansion header (j13).
Of course you would need a corresponding connector[1], and propably have
to configure the IOMUX controller within our platform driver
appropriatedly to use the additional UART.

In the end you have to port the Fingerprint sensor library.

> It would be also great if you might have other fingerprint sensors that can
> be used integrated with the i.MX53 QSB board running Genode.

I'm not sure what you mean with "integrated". AFAIK there is no
fingerprint sensor on this board available, or is it?

Regards
Stefan

[1] In the Hardware manual I've found this paragraph:
"The proper connector to mate with Expansion Port J13 is made by Samtec,
QTH‐060‐XX‐L‐D‐A, where XX determines the height of the connector."