Rust in genode

Madhu Macaque Labs madhu at ...275...
Sat Jun 11 05:02:11 CEST 2016

I am glad to see Rust support being added to genode. How far is this
support expected to proceed ? Is a complete Rust based genode being
contemplated ? Norman and I had a brief discussion on this a while ago.
After that we have started developing a simple rust based microkernel to
figure out Rust's suitability as an OS implementation language. I know it
can be done but nothing  like working code to validate all assumptions !
Going forward we would prefer converting  genode to rust rather than doing
our own Mk. Converting some components to rust as shown in. 16.05 is the
right way to go but was just wondering about the end goal.

Madhu