i.mx53 NIC driver

Mon Jul 25 14:39:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 07/12/2016 08:38 AM, Jinhong Kim wrote:
> Hi, Genode experts
>
> Currently I'm working with the TrustZone VMM example from Genode based
> on Genode 16.05 on i.MX53 QSB.
> And I want to move NIC device driver from normal world to secure world.
>
> To achieve this,
> 1. Change FEC setting of <CSU.h> to SECURE.
> (original configuration of FEC is UNSECURE.)
>
> However, data abort is occured during boot on imx53 qsb.

By changing the CSU settings, you only prohibited bus accesses from the
normal world to that device. Nevertheless the Linux OS in the normal
world still tries to access the network card - that is why you
experienced the data abort. You have to disable the FEC access by
disabling that card in your Linux configuration.

Apart from that, AFAIK there is no FEC driver for Genode existent until now.

Regards
Stefan