Overview of the Genode community

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Jul 12 13:06:45 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

during a conversation with Johannes Schlatow a few months ago, he
proposed to add an overview of the Genode community at the genode.org
website.

By providing an overview of active contributors, the various groups and
individuals may get a better chance to get acquainted with each other,
avoid duplicate efforts, or even team up. By presenting links to
projects using Genode, we may make the project more tangible to people
who are wondering about the application of Genode in the real world.

I have now attempted to create a rough sketch of such an overview as a
topic branch at GitHub [1]. I plan to host this overview at the Genode
website as a sub section of the "Community" tab.

Now, my questions are:

1) Do you find the structure sensible? Or do you have an alternative
   suggestion to organize this information?

2) What is an appropriate level of detail? I have added a paragraph
   here and there. Should we give each individual a bit of room
   to add custom information or is a raw list of links to GitHub
   accounts, blogs, or project websites sufficient?

3) Most importantly: Do you find you or your project missing? Please let
   me know and suggest additions!

[1] https://github.com/nfeske/genode/commits/participants