Genode + Novena (was Re: Roadmap 2016)

Jookia 166291 at ...9...
Fri Jan 8 01:36:57 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 11:44:45PM +0000, Vladimir Lushnikov wrote:
> Just looking at the sources now, I see that the only framebuffer driver
> written for iMX has been for the iMX53 - doing a quick search leads me to
> think that the IPU on the iMX6 is a very similar interface
> (http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/gpu/ipu-v3/ipu-common.c)

Interesting- I wouldn't be surprised if there's not much difference, when
looking at the security sheet I saw it has the same problem of the GPU
acceleration being tied to the rest of the graphics when it comes to TrustZone.

> Have you tried playing with the framebuffer driver? I imagine quite a few
> other things don't work (USB for sure, but probably ethernet as well?)

I haven't tested Genode on it, I'm planning on toying with it on a T400 thinkpad
with Libreboot installed before devoting time to porting things, or trying to as
I have no hardware experience. I've been spending my time getting to know the
existing toolchain and setting up NixOS on The Novena - I've chosen NixOS given
the work on using the Nix package manager in Genode.

> Vladimir

Jookia. :)