tz_vmm run script

Wed Feb 10 14:52:41 CET 2016

Hi John,

On 02/03/2016 10:51 PM, John David wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running  tz_vmm run script on i.mx53qsb. I have LVDS display kit
> attached to the board. I want the Linux (non secure world) to be displayed
> on the LVDS while the Genode uses the serial console. I wonder if you could
> tell me how can i do this.

You have to adjust the partitioning of the devices btween secure world
(Genode) and non-secure world (Linux). This is primarily done via the
CSU (Central Security Unit) of this Freescale SoC. You can find the
relevant configuration hardcoded within:

  repos/base-hw/src/core/include/spec/imx53/trustzone/csu.h

just reset mostly all devices except the UART to belong to the
non-secure world, and set the DMA channel of the GPU (line 222) to be
unsecure. Remove the relevant patches of the Linux guest OS from this
branch (I think the last 4 commits):

  https://github.com/skalk/linux/commits/imx53-tz

and then re-build the Linux kernel and Genode scenario.

Regards
Stefan