porting python in tz_vmm demo

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Wed Aug 3 21:14:44 CEST 2016

Hey Abhay,

On 08/03/2016 11:10 AM, Abhay Amala wrote:
> Hi Alexander and Stefan,
>
> Thank you for your responses.
>
> I have another issue now. I couldn't import python built-in modules such
> as math, time, itertools, etc. I got "*No module named* " ImportError.
> However, I need this modules to run my python project. Does anyone have
> any idea to fix this issue? I will be grateful for any help you can provide.

I ported the Python interpreter to Genode back in 2010 and omitted any
module support at the time. My line of thinking was, if someone wants to
use Python on Genode, this lack will get noticed. Congratulations you
are the first one! So, basically it should not be that hard to enable
module support. One has to look at the "import" side of Python, which
should somehow provide the "to be interpreted" code to the interpreter,
while also handling the C-code side of some modules. Since our resources
are very limited, I invite you to fill in this gap and will gladly
answer questions if you chose to proceed in this direction.

Cheers,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf