Using ARM/Neon fp hardware with libc

robjsstewart at ...9... robjsstewart at ...9...
Wed Sep 30 21:14:26 CEST 2015

Hi all,
I'm exploring compiling a couple of targets in my Genode, base-hw system to use the hardware fp in the Neon coprocessor on an ARM Cortex A8 SOC, to get some performance improvement. I can add the CC_OPT line containing -mfloat-abi=hard and -mfu=neon-vfpv4 to appropreate target.mk. That should result in the Neon fp unit being called to perform the calculations. If I want use libc math functions I assume I must recompile libc with the same compile options added. Are there build variables that allow me to do that to the libc library?

I'm currently building on Genode 15.02.

Thanks for any info.

Bob Stewart

Sent from my android device.